Sunday 1 November 2009

HARRY POTTER GONE WILD: (Design Process Assignment)


WHY READ?
WHAT'S FUN IN READING?


















WHAT'S FUN IN READING is a question I have to ask myself for this assignment...


Brief: so basically I had to create a 15 sec based storyboard that explains the importance of reading, and it could further recruit more costumers to Waterstone's....very capitalistic...

As usual, I started out with a mind map, which asks myself why I would want to read? since personally I'm not so much of a book person either, it is very ironic for me to choose this topic to work on...

MIND MAP:


Yet, just when I was struggling to convince myself...Harry Potter just came across my mind, YES! HARRY POTTER the book series, which are so much better than its retarted counterpart the movie version...

So as I was inspired, my concept was to make a comparison between the Harry Potter books and the movies. The idea was to show that thru reading one's mind goes free in imagination, and Harry Potter could be brad-pitt like handsome, while in movies Harry is just dumb retard kind of look teenager...

e.g:

The imaginary Harry Potter

The movie version Harry Potter


So a rough idea was formed, then the following step would be to compose the storyboard...in which I picture a girl reading the Harry Potter book, then her imagination is suddenly unleashed, leading her to her own fantasy version of Harry Potter...

Draft storyboard:

Finalized work:
The final out was digitalized and flash animated at this link: http://jkdesigns.limewebs.com/harry_potter_gone_wild.swf

1 comment:

  1. Heh heh heh- I love your idea! Your drawings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete