Friday 6 November 2009

Project Proposal: Initial Concept (Part 1)

This post is sorta overdue, yet will probably the most significant one...

My final thesis is to create a fictional superhero figure and animate it by the end of my MA study, and the reason I am doing this is that I wanna to create a symbol that triggers my fellow Taiwanese counterparts to love their country again...
















So basically I need to conduct a series of researches on my own cultural elements, the ones that represent Taiwanese values, and from where to form a comic figure that embraces all such traits to reach a sympathetic reaction of Taiwanese...

Somehow I came across my mind that this figure could be a woman, well, of course, a native Taiwanese chick is what I'm picturing...Believe it or not, I have always been a feminist...


Rough sketches of initial concepts.
Hundred Pacer is my traditional symbol, which could eventually go into this superhero figure I'm creating...












Recently I've been looking into the story of Mona Rudao, who is a legendary chief to lead his people to fight back the Japanese colonists. Some traditional dress back at that time could be an inspiration as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment