Tuesday 16 March 2010

Beat-scripting my screenplay for storyboard

I had several conversations with Simon, my tutor, regarding how to write my screenplay,
so here is what he suggested: using beat-script method, which is scripting aid for short animation. The format is to create a list where all story actions described in a short sentence are listed accordingly from time to time.

So here is the beatscripting screenplay for my storyboard:

Hundred Pacer---Beatscript
1. driving rain hits the roof of a village hut;
2. inside Muni is having dinner with her family;
3. he is laughing from a joke that Muni has told;
4. Muni says “Happy Father’s Day” to an old man sitting across the table, her father;
5. suddenly a loud roar can be heard!
6. the sound thunders –shaking the house;
7. “Must be the some construction work going on again, said her father;”
8. Muni replies gently with smile: “I’ll just go check it out;”
9. Muni walks through the door and is just ready to step out;
10. Thud! Windows and wall blow apart;
11. a blast of wind pushes her from behind;
12. She turns around;
13. as if in slow motion;
14. She witnesses a shocking scene
15. She screams: “Dad!”
16. Tons of rolling mud coming from nowhere;
17. She sees her father being swept away in front of her eyes!
18. along with her family members;
19. who struggle against the torrent;
20. Muni runs back to house;
21. The ground shakes and suddenly cracks up;
22. The wall is cracked by mudslide that rolls away with half of the house;
23. Muni dodges the broken rooftops falling on her;
24. But Muni falls into a crack, and her leg is trapped;
25. she struggles against the force but doesn't have the strength;
26. Muni feels great pain in her legs;
27. a blast of dust covers her;
28. she coughs and chokes;
29. She tries to crawl out of the mud, but her hands are like paralyzed, not moving;
30. She tries to lift her legs up, but only realizes that her legs are gone;
31. amputated by the crushing pressure;
32. The rain continues incessantly -rinsing off her blood;
33. she loses consciousness and collapses;
34. Muni’s sub-consciousness brings her to the dark ,
35. Vaguely, a pair of enormous eyes shine in the dark, it is a giant snake;
36. The giant snake approaches Muni;
37. Muni is shocked;
38. The snake speaks to her: “Do you want a deal?”
39. Muni replies: “what’s going on, where am I?”
40. The snake says: “You are dead; the mudslide killed your family…”
41. Muni recalls the shocking scene where her parents are rolled away by the mudslide;
42. Muni screams: “Who did this, why?”
43. the snake grins and says: “That’s for you to find out… and I am giving you a chance to do so…”
44. Muni mumbles with tears: “I want my life back, I want my family!”
45. Muni replies: “I want vengeance…”
46. The snake says: “He he he, that’s the spirit, done”
47. The snake opens his giants mouth and swallows the Muni;
48. There is a voice in dark: “My name is Kamavanan, and I shall give you a new life, but in return, you live for me; for that I am your blood, I am your people, and I am your true god…the Hundred Pacer.”
49. Muni ‘s body lies prone on the ground;
50. Hundreds and thousands of little snakes gather together;
51. twisting and writhing onto each other over Muni's body;
52. the snakes overlap and begin to form a shape of a human;
53. as they writhe they begin to form recognisable facial features in Muni's likeness;
54. Muni is reborn in a serpentine form;
55. tattoos etch themselves into her hands (crawling up to her arms);
56. A Hundred Pacer snake-like mark rises on her forehead;
57. Her eyes open, sharp like a snake;
58. she has vengeance in her eyes;
59. she walks away;

No comments:

Post a Comment